Open Air Cinema Home 20' Screen Review After 5 Years Usage
We at Big Screen Pro develop our expert knowledge about outdoor movie systems by way of testing them out in the field. More than once, that is. An Open Air Cinema Home 20' screen was added to our rental lineup more than five years ago. In this article, we share our experience of using this inflatable screen during an extended period of time.
The Open Air Cinema Home 20 ft inflatable movie screen Usage scenarios
- Our 20-footer worked in freezing cold and under a seezing hot sun. It travelled across three countries and got soaking wet a number of times.
- During the high season (mid-April to early October), this 20' Open Air Cinema screen was deployed once a week, on average.
- We set it up on grass, in woody areas, on concrete, in the sand etc.
- We have a habit to clean the screen's projection surface at least twice during the high season.
- Despite the fact that the manufacturer recommends to set your inflatable screen on a tarp, we have taken the risk and never followed that piece of advice.
Outcomes after 5 years of usage
- Our 20' x 11' surface collected some hard-to-remove stains -- and we are now considering to replace it in a year or two.
- The nylon inflatable frame doesn't show any signs of wear and tear.
- The pitch black color of the frame hasn't changed that much from the original state, despite the prolonged exposure to intensive sunlight, for the past five years of this screen's usage.
- The YKK zippers on the three air vents of the frame work just fine.
- The tethers and spiral stakes need no replacement.
- Even the only electronic component of the Home 20' screen kit -- the air blower -- operates without a problem.
When you invest in a quality US-made screen for your outdoor movie rental business, expect an inflatable of the kind of the Open Air Cinema Home 20' screen to last long if treated well. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's recommendations on storage and maintenance and it will serve you well for years to come.
How to store Open Air Cinema inflatable movie screen
How to clean your inflatable projection screen